This topic can no longer be replied to because it has been locked.

Not the product you were looking for?
Gravatar
Guys,

You work really hard, we love your extension, it's awesome, and free (why you don't charge for it is beyond belief). But, this whole unfolding 'now there's a new Mailchimp app to erm, eventually replace Magemonkey, but right now it barely works at all' drama is just not acceptable.

You could all have done a better job. If Elon Musk can re-land a rocket (insanely hard), you can definitely give us a Magento version of Mailchimp that equals the one click install of the Shopify equivalent, without all of this code hacking, under the hood tinkering I see you are asking users to do.

Really, that's not acceptable in 2016, it should be better, there is no reason it is not better.

I feel like a lot of this is on Mailchimp, who should have poneyed up to do a proper app. It's confusing for existing Magento/Mailchimp users already settled/moderately happy with MageMonkey, but to new customers, good lord, it must be hell!

Please do take this feedback in the spirit in which it is intended, you do good work and seem dedicated, but I'm afraid, as W. Edwards Deming always said, best efforts are not sufficient on their own.

Regards,

Pete
Gravatar
Hello Peter,

Thanks for this feedback and sorry for the delay.
To be honest this extension was released before time because of deadlines placed by Marketing strategies.

The first full version will be released next week. It is the first integrating Mandrill as a transactional email service.

If you can install it when it goes out it would be great since honest feedback is really appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Santiago.
Gravatar
Santiago,

For sure, I'd be more than happy to install the latest release candidate, I just have a few concerns over some issues detailed in the forum - product attributes being changed, abandoned carts not working, sync issues - although it does seem from the threads that the latest, 1.2(?) fixes a lot of these issues?

Cheers,

Pete
Gravatar
Santiago,

I just attempted to install on our stagin site - I disabled Magemonkey, and then went through the FTP removing old files - however, our admin is now blocked (not to worry, it's staging, so no hassles).

I wonder, considering the big move of going from Magemonkey to Mailchimp4Magento - if we could purchase a block of support and have you guys, the experts, remove MageMonkey and install the new extension?

Thanks,

Pete
Gravatar
Hello,

If you store is not a complex multi-store setup then you are a good candidate for installing MailChimp For Magento.

You can indeed pay for support hours at https://store.ebizmarts.com/magemonkey.html.

The 4 hour block should be enough for removing MageMonkey and installing MailChimp For Magento.

Regards,
Santiago.
Gravatar
Santiago,

We have one URL, 6 store views, but nothing custom that would or has affected Magemonkey from working out of the box, or out of the ordinary.

Is that ok?

Pete
Gravatar
Hello,

What is the difference between each store view? Are this language differences? Perhaps it is best to stay with MageMonkey for a while.

Regards,
Santiago.
Gravatar
Hey Santiago,

Yes, languages are different, except the UK and EN store views, which of course, are the same language.

Do you have a date when Mailchimp will actually be able to handle multi store views? ie, spanish person abandons, the get spanish email...

When that is ready, please let me know and I will happily pay for a service block to have the system replace Magemonkey.

Cheers,

Pete
Gravatar
Hello,

Sorry for the delay on this. There is no ETA because we are focusing on Magento 2 extension at the moment. I think by February we will have something going on.

Regards,
Santiago.
Gravatar
In august you said "mailchimp" marketing was too fast ... but now it is: we are focussing on Magento 2.

I've beeen reading through a lot of questions and complaints about M4M: seems all your customers are on M1

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails and useful news articles