This topic can no longer be replied to because it has been locked.

Customer can't be saved
Gravatar
Hello,

I'm running a fresh install of Magento 1.9.2.4 with everything configured and setup in Mailchimp for Magento.

When from the admin I try to mark a customer subscription to Newsletter a error message appear telling customer cannot be saved

The exception log reads:

2016-10-10T19:17:47+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception message: for Api Call: You must provide a MailChimp API key - Trace: #0 /app/code/community/Ebizmarts/MailChimp/Model/Api/Subscribers.php(89): Ebizmarts_Mailchimp->__construct('', NULL, 'Mailchimp4Magen...') #1 /app/code/community/Ebizmarts/MailChimp/Model/Observer.php(116): Ebizmarts_MailChimp_Model_Api_subscribers->updateSubscriber(Object(Ebizmarts_MailChimp_Model_Subscriber)) #2 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1358): Ebizmarts_MailChimp_Model_Observer->handleSubscriber(Object(Varien_Event_Observer)) #3 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1337): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Ebizmarts_MailChimp_Model_Observer), 'handleSubscribe...', Object(Varien_Event_Observer)) #4 /app/Mage.php(448): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent('newsletter_subs...', Array) #5 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(391): Mage::dispatchEvent('newsletter_subs...', Array) #6 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(316): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->_beforeSave() #7 /app/code/core/Mage/Newsletter/Model/Subscriber.php(452): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save() #8 /app/code/core/Mage/Newsletter/Model/Observer.php(38): Mage_Newsletter_Model_Subscriber->subscribeCustomer(Object(Mage_Customer_Model_Customer)) #9 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1358): Mage_Newsletter_Model_Observer->subscribeCustomer(Object(Varien_Event_Observer)) #10 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1337): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Mage_Newsletter_Model_Observer), 'subscribeCustom...', Object(Varien_Event_Observer)) #11 /app/Mage.php(448): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent('customer_save_a...', Array) #12 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(466): Mage::dispatchEvent('customer_save_a...', Array) #13 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(319): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->_afterSave() #14 /app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/CustomerController.php(338): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save() #15 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Adminhtml_CustomerController->saveAction() #16 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('save') #17 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http)) #18 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(365): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() #19 /app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array) #20 /index.php(83): Mage::run('', 'store') #21 {main}

I've tried Mailchimp4Magento 1.1.1
Also 1.1.2 RC
Disabling Mandrill

But nothing seemed to work. The problem persists in a multi store fresh install, never had MageMonkey or other Newsletter plugins on the system.

The config from my Mailchimp account is ok with the API key also stored in my system configuration from all scopes.

Thank you
Gravatar
Hello,

I think you might have Mandrill module enabled with no/wrong API Key selected.
Disabling Mandrill should do the trick. I've seen this error only when Mandrill has a wrong API Key set up. Please go through all the store views and make sure Mandrill is correctly configured on every one.

Regards,
Santiago.
Gravatar
Hello Santiago,

Thanks for your response.

Mandrill is deactivated via System -> Advanced for all stores and store views since we are not planing to use it

Also in the Mandrill configuration is Disabled in all scoopes.
{{base_dir}}/var/log/MailChimp_ApiCall.log is not created if activated just the error mentioned above in the exception log

Thank you
Gravatar
Ok I find out how to make it working.

API must be set in All Store Views scoope.
Will it let me use different API's for different websites? (under same Magento install)

Thanks
Gravatar
Hello,

This should not happen if the module is disabled on each store it doesn't have an API Key set or if it inherits the parent data.

Regards,
Santiago.

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails and useful news articles