This topic can no longer be replied to because it has been locked.

M4M Do we need to click "Create merge fields" for every account?
Gravatar
Hi, we run 4 stores in 4 languages = 16 mailchimp lists

What I have done so far is
- remove old magemonkey eext
- install new M4M ext
- remove all cache etc etc
- on global config set all main params
- then on storeview param: select list (uncheck box, select from list)

1) but how should I treat the "Create Merge Fields" ... is this done automatically? (the lists all already exist of course and have been used with Magemonkey). Suppose customers buy here and then go to checkout: are all these *NEW* fields then created automatically ... or should we do it manually by clikcing the button 16 times?

2) also is there some kind of sync-all super-sync we have to do directly after install? (Or upgrade from magemonkey to M4M)

Please confirm

SCREENSHOT
Gravatar
even opening store view 1 by 1 and clikcing button does not seem to work

https://snag.gy/beWoBc.jpg
Gravatar
Hello,

Please note that MailChimp For Magento might not be the best choice for multi-store installations.

The latest version fixes most issues, it is available at https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5x5910rnv5utml/Ebizmarts_MailChimp4Magento-1.1.2.zip?dl=0.
Steps to update:
We have made some fixes over the RC so I suggest you to to the following:
1. Update to the attached version.
2. Refresh Magento's cache and re-compile if compilation is enabled.
3. Move or delete the MailChimp_Request.log, MailChimp_Errors.log and all the xxxxxxx.Request.log. Please note that xxxxxxx references to any file with ltters and numbers before the .Request.log part.
4. Reset Ecommerce Data.
5. Reset Local Errors.
6. Create the configured Automations again for the new store created at MailChimp.

Then you will have a clean environment to find out if there are problems and how to solve them.

Regards,
Santiago.
Gravatar
>> Please note that MailChimp For Magento might not be the best choice for multi-store installations.

Sorry I am just AMAZED!!! This product had been advised by both MC and EM: why is this not clearly stated everywhere .... and what a garbage: all larger stores nowadays are multistores

This just has to work
Gravatar
Done all that

Then clicked "create merge fields", what happens is
Magent popup says: merge fields succesfully created
Mailchimp does NOT show the merge fields (read: they are not created)
I see this in the error log
2016-10-27T11:00:03+00:00 DEBUG (7): Resource Not Found for Api Call: lists//merge-fields?count=50 - The requested resource could not be found.

Gravatar
Hello,

The attributes are created as hidden. You can make them available going to Toogle Columns and enabling all of them.

Sorry about the troubles caused, we are working to get this extension working for everyone.
This is why we always recommend to test extensions before actually using them.

Regards,
Santiago.

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails and useful news articles