This topic can no longer be replied to because it has been locked.

Confirmation e-mail
Gravatar
When the module is enabled the customer don't get a confirmation e-mail form Magento. We also can't send it with Mailchimp because the opt-in. How we can change this? So the customer get's a confirmation email.
Gravatar
With Magento 1.9 all the confirmation emails will be queued and later send through Cron. Just double check if the cron is set correct at your hosting
Gravatar
Hi,

The e-mail conformation is working. But the newsletter success subscription e-mail not. When we disable the Mailchimp module the newsletter success subscription is working again.
Gravatar
Are you using Mandrill?
Gravatar
Yes we use Mandrill.
Gravatar
Hello,
I have the same situation after migration from MageMonkey to MailchimpForMagento.
Did you solve your issue?
thanks
Gravatar

Joost joost - 2017-02-27

Yes we use Mandrill.

Did you have MageMonkey installed previously? If so read below.

Buru Buru IT Support - 2017-02-28

Hello,
I have the same situation after migration from MageMonkey to MailchimpForMagento.
Did you solve your issue?
thanks

This is likely happening because MageMonkey wasn't removed properly, you can make sure you remove all its files and tables following this instructions: Uninstall MageMonkey

Then reinstall Mailchimp for Magento
Gravatar
I removed MageMonkey following the instructions:
1) disable Ebizamart plugin
2) run the script to remove folder and files
3) drop magemonkey & ebizmart table from Db
4) clear cache
5) install Mailchimp for Magento plugin

still don't get the success subscription email.
Could be different functionality of the Model/Subscriber.php extension of the magento core?
check here:

Ebizmart_MageMonkey_Model_Subscriber:
https://github.com/ebizmarts/magemonkey/blob/develop/app/code/community/Ebizmarts/MageMonkey/Model/Subscriber.php

Ebizmarts_MailChimp_Model_Subscriber:

https://github.com/mailchimp/mc-magento/blob/develop/app/code/community/Ebizmarts/MailChimp/Model/Subscriber.php
Gravatar
I removed all code and DB tables/data from the old module. Exact the same as buru_buru.it_support
Gravatar
Check if magento/var/log/exception.log if there are any errors related to Mandrill

Try subscribing a new address and if the email isn't sent, check the exception.log

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails and useful news articles