This topic can no longer be replied to because it has been locked.

Confused about the swap from Magemonkey to MailChimp for Magento and mandrill
Gravatar
I'm am sorry, I noticed that link in your previous answer, but forgot to mention that I already checked there too.

However, could you please take some time to address the other questions I am asking? The advice to keep using MageMonkey your are giving is quite the opposite of what Mailchimp is saying. I am considering downgrading back to Magemonkey, unless the time till the next release is rather short, AND the next release contains ecommerce data multisite support as well as force subscription.

Could you please clarify what the expected time frame is? And how your roadmap is looking? Which functions are expected to be added in which version? That would really make the decision making process a lot easier.

As a paying customer for Mailchimp, I rely heavily an these functions working. I would be more than happy to pay for the integration too, by the way. But since there is no paid version available, I can't do anything else than raise questions and hope for the best, unfortunately.
Gravatar

Hajo Magré - 2017-03-18

I'm am sorry, I noticed that link in your previous answer, but forgot to mention that I already checked there too.

However, could you please take some time to address the other questions I am asking? The advice to keep using MageMonkey your are giving is quite the opposite of what Mailchimp is saying. I am considering downgrading back to Magemonkey, unless the time till the next release is rather short, AND the next release contains ecommerce data multisite support as well as force subscription.

Could you please clarify what the expected time frame is? And how your roadmap is looking? Which functions are expected to be added in which version? That would really make the decision making process a lot easier.

As a paying customer for Mailchimp, I rely heavily an these functions working. I would be more than happy to pay for the integration too, by the way. But since there is no paid version available, I can't do anything else than raise questions and hope for the best, unfortunately.

I 2nd this, this has been very poorly handled. Mailchimp sending out emails saying we have to move to the new module by march the first, only to find the new module is not ready yet and now you are saying in the forums that there is no need to switch to the new module yet? So as paying mailchimp customers what do we do? revert back to magemonkey until the new module is ready? or stick to the current unfinished module?
Gravatar
MageMonkey will continue to work for as long as the old API continues to work, according to Mailchimp there don't intend to drop support any time soon, but they didn't say any specific date, you should be safe to continue using it if you need it.

The version with multi-store support is in the testing stage at this moment and as soon as we make sure everything is working we'll make the release of version 1.1.6.

Subscribe on Checkout has no ETA, we'll start planning for 1.1.7 after we release 1.1.6.
Gravatar
Ok, thanks for the explanation.
Gravatar

pablo keller - 2017-03-21

MageMonkey will continue to work for as long as the old API continues to work, according to Mailchimp there don't intend to drop support any time soon, but they didn't say any specific date, you should be safe to continue using it if you need it.

The version with multi-store support is in the testing stage at this moment and as soon as we make sure everything is working we'll make the release of version 1.1.6.

Subscribe on Checkout has no ETA, we'll start planning for 1.1.7 after we release 1.1.6.

Thank you for explaining. And just to add for anyone else following this mailchimp told me:

Unfortunately, I don't have a date for when older versions of API version 2.0 will stop working all together. There's a lot that goes into deprecating the API on our developer's end. The thought around this is that since the API version 2.0 is no longer supported, as we continue to build new features, that older API version is no longer tested with those updates. This means that things can break without us knowing, which could then cause an integration using API version 2.0 to not function as expected. We wanted to make sure that our users could rely on integrations that are using the older API versions up until a certain point, which is why we put the March 4th date in place. Up until March 4th, we continued supporting the MageMonkey integration, but beyond that, we're not able to say when the endpoints will stop working.
Gravatar

pablo keller - 2017-03-21

Thank you for explaining. And just to add for anyone else following this mailchimp told me:

Unfortunately, I don't have a date for when older versions of API version 2.0 will stop working all together. There's a lot that goes into deprecating the API on our developer's end. The thought around this is that since the API version 2.0 is no longer supported, as we continue to build new features, that older API version is no longer tested with those updates. This means that things can break without us knowing, which could then cause an integration using API version 2.0 to not function as expected. We wanted to make sure that our users could rely on integrations that are using the older API versions up until a certain point, which is why we put the March 4th date in place. Up until March 4th, we continued supporting the MageMonkey integration, but beyond that, we're not able to say when the endpoints will stop working.

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails and useful news articles