This topic can no longer be replied to because it has been locked.

Error after installing New Mailchgimp module
Gravatar
Hi Support,

We have upgraded the Mailchimp module on our live website successfully and its working fine for newsletter subscription but it developed a new issue on the website. When we trying to place an order using Paypal Express checkout (Incontext ) then we are getting below error after Review Step and click the order place button:-

Fatal error: Call to a member function getBackend() on a non-object in /var/www/html/purplespoilz.com.au/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php on line 1536

hence no order is created at Magneto but payment is done at Paypal end. As soon as we disabled the new module and enable the old one PayPal express checkout working fine. Can you please provide the solution for the same.
Gravatar
Hi ,
Can you please let me know how to resolve this issue as due to that error no order created at Magento.

Thanks,
Vipul Mishra
Gravatar
Hi Support,

is there any luck to resolve the above issue? We are still waiting to hear from you. Please let us know how to resolve that issue. We have install the Latest version of Mailchimp module on live website.

Gravatar
Hello,

Sorry for the delay.
Firstly can you confirm that you do not have MailChimp For Magento and MageMonkey installed in the same Magento installation? The two modules are not compatible with each other.

Also can you provide your Magento version and extension version numbers?

Is there a stack trace for that error message?

Kind Regards,
Santiago.
Gravatar
Hi Support,
Sorry, but I also get the same error.

"Call to a member function getBackend() on a non-object in mySite.com/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php on line 1548"

Tell me where to find a solution to this problem, as not even possible to make a purchase of goods after installing the extension Ebizmarts_MailChimp (1.1.5)???

At the project only enabled Ebizmarts_MailChimp (1.1.5) all other off (you can see here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_v58OR6LfaYRG5jN3lmWHZpajg/view?usp=drivesdk)

Thanks.
Gravatar
Hello Max,

I must ask the same questions I made to Rashmi.
Can you confirm that you do not have MailChimp For Magento and MageMonkey installed in the same Magento installation? The two modules are not compatible with each other.

Also can you provide your Magento version and extension version numbers?

Is there a stack trace for that error message?

Regards,
Santiago.
Gravatar
Hi,
I found seems to be a solution for this issue.
1. I removed all extensions Ebizmarts here using these commands - Uninstall MageMonkey script v2
And removed all tables in the database using these commands here:

drop table magemonkey_mails_sent;
drop table ebizmarts_abandonedcart_popup;
drop table ebizmarts_abandonedcart_abtesting;
drop table ebizmarts_autoresponder_unsubscribe;
drop table ebizmarts_autoresponder_visited;
drop table ebizmarts_autoresponder_review;
drop table ebizmarts_autoresponder_backtostock;
drop table ebizmarts_autoresponder_backtostock_alert;
drop table magemonkey_api_debug;
drop table magemonkey_ecommerce360;
drop table magemonkey_bulksync_export;
drop table magemonkey_bulksync_import;
drop table magemonkey_async_subscribers;
drop table magemonkey_async_orders;
drop table magemonkey_last_order;

And after re-install extension MailChimp For Magento
Now works correct, but I still checking.
Gravatar
Hi,

Today I encountered similar issues; the front-end + back-end stopped accepting new orders and an error is generated when editing/adding new customers.

After _YOU_ pushing via several emails to update magemonkey to mailchimp, we find ourselves in quite some shit..... not really happy as you probably can imagine.

The scenario:
- I uninstalled the old version via the latest script I could find: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y7we8dmodgghnj/uninstall_magemonkeyFIX.sh?dl=0

- dropped the tables as described above

- Download and installed the latest version of mailchimp.
- Adjusted the options in the back-end and tested the behavior of the mailchimp extension.

Result: all seemed to be working.... "Seemed" until the issues as described above appeared.

Today I had to disable the mailchimp extension in the backend just to get customer adding/editing working again. Still orders were not working!
I also had to disable Ebizmarts_MailChimp.xml in app/etc/modules, to get orders working again.

------------------------------------

Thank you for pushing to get our business in trouble! We never had this kind of issues before.

1. Why don't you have a fully functional UNINSTALL for a previous module, without having to go through all the hassle as discribed above?
2. How can you create extensions that turn out to be so risky for the normal working of a magento webstore?
3. Now we have disabled the mailchimp functionality, now what?
4. Why did we have to be forced to break a well working system with something that does not work at all??
5. The only functionality we need and want to use is copying new client information into our mailchimp account. This was working well, why did you have to distroy this via your pushy emails?

Gravatar
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing troubles with the migration from MageMonkey to MailChimp For Magento.
Could you share the error messages you are seeing?
What Magento version do you have installed? If you have Magento 1.7 please see this post.

We already solved this problem for the future release, it is being tested right now. Will be released soon.

Answering your questions:
1. The uninstall process might depend on how the extension was installed, this way we can be sure it will work for everyone.
2. Magento has a lot of possible customizations, is not that easy to manipulate all the data and avoid conflicts with other extensions. We are constantly working to fix these kind of issues.
As a general advice, always test new extensions on safe environments before going to production.
3. Check the post mentioned above.
4. We always suggest to test things first.
5. Please note we are not MailChimp, we only do the extension to integrate it with Magento. We had to create this new extension due to the new API version released by MailChimp. It grants a lot of new possibilities, I believe are very helpful if you learn how to use them.
You can find more information about them here.

Kind Regards,
Santiago.
Gravatar

Santiago Paragarino - 2017-03-13

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing troubles with the migration from MageMonkey to MailChimp For Magento.
Could you share the error messages you are seeing?
No sorry, I had no time to make copies. Priority was to get things working again.

What Magento version do you have installed? If you have Magento 1.7 please see this post.
1.7.2. It turns out that you were already aware of this type of issue...? Why were these things not mentioned in the pushing emails we received earlier from Mailchimp?

We already solved this problem for the future release, it is being tested right now. Will be released soon.

Answering your questions:
1. The uninstall process might depend on how the extension was installed, this way we can be sure it will work for everyone.
I just counted, we use >30 extensions from only 5 different well established extension suppliers. Up to now we never ever experienced this kind of damage caused by a [b]forced extension update. [/b]

2. Magento has a lot of possible customizations, is not that easy to manipulate all the data and avoid conflicts with other extensions. We are constantly working to fix these kind of issues.
Not good, totally insufficient! There should have been [b]severe warnings about the specific risks for this update. [/b]

As a general advice, always test new extensions on safe environments before going to production.
We did testing! Afterwards the mailchimp extension looked like it was working fine. It was totally unexpected (and therefore not tested) that client and order details would be afflicted with this extension. There was totally no documentation suggestion this kind of implications.

3. Check the post mentioned above.
We will check and test.

4. We always suggest to test things first.
Like stated above, we _DID_ test!

5. Please note we are not MailChimp, we only do the extension to integrate it with Magento.
You only do the extension..... and that is exactly were things go bad.... So?
Were are the warnings, release notes etc? Nothing like that was supplied.....

We had to create this new extension due to the new API version released by MailChimp. It grants a lot of new possibilities, I believe are very helpful if you learn how to use them.
Like stated before; we are totally _NOT_ interested in new possibilities. Al has been working fine for years, we were forced to update! This is the real big issue.
I always liked mailchimp, but now they (and you) have dropped at least 10 steps on my ladder.....

You can find more information about them here.

Kind Regards,
Santiago.

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails and useful news articles