This topic can no longer be replied to because it has been locked.

MageMonkey vs Mailchimp4Magento comparsion
Gravatar
Hello support,

We have installed MailChimp For Magento v1.1.5 on Magento CE 1.9.3.2 and as we already use MageMonkey on other websites, by comparing functionality we noticed couple missing parameters, so help/clarafication regarding them is more than welcome.

1) There is no more "Use Magento's confirmation email" - Is now welcome email always sent from Mailchimp by default?
2) There is no "Double opt-in" - Does now customer/visitor who enable checkbox to subscribe to newsletter on checkout automatically subscribe to Mailchimp list w/o double opt-in?
3) There is no "Subscribe On Checkout" - I know that checkbox is always displayed and checked by default. Also I found forum topic on how to force subscribe on checkout -
https://ebizmarts.com/forums/topics/view/25189 and as I understand, there will be option force, enable by default and show but not enabled by default in further releases of module?
4) There is no HASCLICKED anymore. Will you implement that functionality in further release, or you have advise how we can do that? That merge field is a must have for proper Mailchimp automation.
5) We found that custom merge fields are updated/set only on first purchase. If customer place new order and set different shipping address, those details are not updated in Mailchimp. Is that bug or 'feature'?
6) I can see that Ecommerce data is sent by cron, but on which status of order? In Magemonkey there was list of order statuses to select when Magemonkey send Ecommerce360 data to Mailchimp, now there is no such multiselect list.

Thank you in advance for clarifications
Gravatar
there is version 1.1.6 now
https://github.com/mailchimp/mc-magento/releases

There is alot of missing features with MailChimp For Magento (as you have noted). I think they are working on Subscribe On Checkout on the next update, don't know about the rest. Magemonkey still works currently, might be best staying with it until MailChimp For Magento is up to speed.
Gravatar
Thank you Patrick, I upgraded M4M to 1.1.6.

At the moment we do not need forcing to subscribe on checkout, but for some customers we use that option in Magemonkey. This project where we going with M4M do not need all missing features, but is good to know about progress smile

Hope to get some response from Ebizmarts devs regarding HASCLICKED (at least, "make it by your own" smile
Gravatar
The "Subscribe On Checkout" is the check box for someone to opted in/out of the newsletter, ie "HASCLICKED" I think. I think that's what they are working on the next version, but I could be wrong.
Gravatar

Aleksandar Urosevic - 2017-04-03

Hello support,

We have installed MailChimp For Magento v1.1.5 on Magento CE 1.9.3.2 and as we already use MageMonkey on other websites, by comparing functionality we noticed couple missing parameters, so help/clarafication regarding them is more than welcome.

1) There is no more "Use Magento's confirmation email" - Is now welcome email always sent from Mailchimp by default?
2) There is no "Double opt-in" - Does now customer/visitor who enable checkbox to subscribe to newsletter on checkout automatically subscribe to Mailchimp list w/o double opt-in?
3) There is no "Subscribe On Checkout" - I know that checkbox is always displayed and checked by default. Also I found forum topic on how to force subscribe on checkout -
https://ebizmarts.com/forums/topics/view/25189 and as I understand, there will be option force, enable by default and show but not enabled by default in further releases of module?
4) There is no HASCLICKED anymore. Will you implement that functionality in further release, or you have advise how we can do that? That merge field is a must have for proper Mailchimp automation.
5) We found that custom merge fields are updated/set only on first purchase. If customer place new order and set different shipping address, those details are not updated in Mailchimp. Is that bug or 'feature'?
6) I can see that Ecommerce data is sent by cron, but on which status of order? In Magemonkey there was list of order statuses to select when Magemonkey send Ecommerce360 data to Mailchimp, now there is no such multiselect list.

Thank you in advance for clarifications

1. Now emails are only sent from Mailchimp

2. The double opt-in is a Magento function, not a MageMonkey one, so you should be able to keep using it by going to System->Configuration->Customers->Newsletter->Subscription Options->Need to Confirm and setiing that to yes.

3. Yes, it will be implemented in the future, there is no ETA at the moment.

4. I'm not sure yet, if I know anything I'll let you know.

5. Might be a bug, first make sure that this isn't happening in version 1.1.6, and if it still is, you can submit an issue here for the development team to take a look at: https://github.com/mailchimp/mc-magento/issues

6. For now it is sending all the orders, this feature might be implemented.
Gravatar
Thank you for clarifications! Keep up great work!

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails and useful news articles