This topic can no longer be replied to because it has been locked.

Interest groups in checkout success
Gravatar
There is a setting on the config page called "Interest groups in checkout success". Even when it's turned off, a button still appears on the order confirmation page saying "Subscribe to more detailed newsletters".

The identifier for this particular configuration field is called "interest_in_success" but the only place that string appears in the extension's codebase is in config.xml. Is it not implemented yet?

I have a related problem where the checkbox during checkout doesn't work unless I also click that "Subscribe to more detailed newsletter" button on the next page.
Gravatar
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for contacting us.

Can you tell me your current mailchimp and magento version numbers?
Gravatar
Hi Lucia,

It's the latest Mailchimp extension I downloaded a few days ago. Magento 1.9.0.1. After a bit more debugging, I think the problem relates to the custom checkout we commissioned. It rewrites much of the JS logic and was preventing your "subscribe" var from reaching the server.

It was taking an inordinate amount of time to figure out how to fix it, so I've resorted to creating my own checkbox and doing a Mailchimp API call on checkout success. We don't need the other features of the extension, for now.

Aaron
Gravatar
Hi Aaron,

Please let us know if you need something else.

Best regards.

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails and useful news articles