This topic can no longer be replied to because it has been locked.

Always the same problems (Magento to Mailchimp)
Gravatar
ebizmart: 1.1.15
magento CE 1.9.3.0

Hi,

we just installed the Mailchimp to Magento interface, but somehow it is not working at all.
The installation seemed to work, but as soon as I make changes in the e-commerce section and abandoned carts and save the config, following errors occur:

On top:
-A MailChimp store with the same domain already exists in this account. You need to have a different URLs for each scope you set up the ecommerce data. Possible solutions HERE and HERE
-Looks like your MailChimp store was deleted. Attempting to create a new one.

Account Details:
- No MailChimp store was created for this scope, parent scopes might be sending data for this store anyways.
- You can create a new MailChimp store for this scope by configuring a new list for this scope.

There actually is only ONE mailchimp account, even though there are multiple list in the mailchimp account, ebizmart is connected to the correct one. Also, mailchimp store was not deleted, as the account still exists.

Mailchimp and Magento have been syncing sinze last Friday and nothing has happened.

Questions:
- do you know what the problem is?
- when I say "subscribe all customers to newsletter" in the ecommerce section, does it re-subscribe customers that have already unsbscribed from the list?
- we have the forced (hidden) subscription at the end of checkout, is it somehow possible to segment/group/tag those orders by products in mailchimp?

thank you for your help!
Gravatar
Hi Christian,

Thanks for contacting us.

- do you know what the problem is?

Please follow this link to solve the issue, probably your case is scenario 3.

- when I say "subscribe all customers to newsletter" in the ecommerce section, does it re-subscribe

No, this option won't resubscribe your current subscribers, this option will add all your customers in Mangeto to your list as subscribers in Mailchimp.

- we have the forced (hidden) subscription at the end of checkout, is it somehow possible to segment/group/tag those orders by products in mailchimp?

The products and the orders are not related to the email that was used at the checkout.
Can you explain it better, please?

Gravatar

Lucía Mele - 2019-03-13

The products and the orders are not related to the email that was used at the checkout.
Can you explain it better, please?

Thanks for your fast reply!

Well, the man question was: Is the interface able to deliver product information (category, product title) to mailchimp?

Example of order:
Mr. Miller bought 1 shaver (category hygiene) and 1 bike helmet (category sport)

When I have forced subscription, Mr. Miller will sign up to the newsletter after confirming the order. Does the interface, beside the email address, name, etc., also deliver the information WHICH product (or in which category it was) was bought to mailchimp in order the make segmented emails to customers based on purchased products?

BTW: Mailchimp and Magento are still syncing, it´s been a week now, thats quite long, eh?

I hope you understand it better now.
Thanks!
Gravatar
Hi Christian,

Well, the man question was: Is the interface able to deliver product information (category, product title) to mailchimp?

Yes, we send that information to Mailchimp.

When I have forced subscription, Mr. Miller will sign up to the newsletter after confirming the order. Does the interface, beside the email address, name, etc., also deliver the information WHICH product (or in which category it was) was bought to mailchimp in order the make segmented emails to customers based on purchased products?

Yes, you will be able to create segmented emails to customers based on that, if you want know more about how create the segment emails or if you have an issue you will need contact mailchimp support, you can contact them here: mailchimp.com/contact/support

BTW: Mailchimp and Magento are still syncing, it´s been a week now, thats quite long, eh?

Yes it's quite long, have you solved the issue with the configuration settings of the extension that you mentioned in your first post?
Gravatar

Lucía Mele - 2019-03-15

Yes it's quite long, have you solved the issue with the configuration settings of the extension that you mentioned in your first post?

Hey, sorry for my late reply.
I just disconnected, like mentioned in scenario three and saved the configuration on Magento.
It now says something like - "trying to create a new store". on top of the configuration on Magento. It now says "connected" in Mailchimp, and on Magento orders it says "in queue".

Cool that the interface sends all those information to Mailchimp, thats a big help - now it just needs to work smile

Another question: We only want to sync email addresses of our order via our online shop, not from third parties like Amazon and ebay. If I select "subscribe all customers to newsletter" in the configuration, does it then sync Amazon and Ebay orders as well? If so, can I somehow select, that it does not sync those orders?

Thanks for your help!
Gravatar
Hello,

Please note this forum has been closed.
You can contact us at https://ebizmarts.com/contact-us

If you could add your current Magento and Mailchimp for Magento versiones as well as the extension logs if enabled(enable them otherwise) would be very helpful.

Kind Regards.

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails and useful news articles