This topic can no longer be replied to because it has been locked.

Sweet Monkey Questions
Gravatar
First off-- this is awesome. I can't wait to send my first campaign with ST points in the email. I do have 2 questions:

1) We approve pending points when the order ships. Are those points getting sent to MailChimp automatically (I'm assuming cron'ed) or do we need to regularly bulk sync to update everyone's points at MailChimp?

2) Is it posible for SweetMonkey to just send Point Balances to MailChimp as an integer and not text like "300 Points" or "No Points"? We'd like to be able to segment our campaigns with rules like "Point Balance is > 200"

Thanks again. This is going to be an extremely powerful marketing tool.

Jonathan
Gravatar
I can see that the points are getting updated at Mailchimp automatically.

However, the more we plan out our future campaigns, the more we would REALLY like to segment by Point Balance. Is there any chance Point Balance can be modified to be sent to MailChimp as an integer?
Gravatar
Hi Jonathan,

The merge var is created at TEXT, you can modify the code to get the merge var created as number or create the merge var as number in MailChimp.

The code that creates merge vars from admin to MailChimp is located here
Ebizmarts_SweetMonkey_Adminhtml_MageMonkeyController:: varsToListAction

The API method used is http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/api/1.3/listmergevaradd.func.php
Gravatar
or create the merge var as number in MailChimp.

It's a simple as changing the merge var to a number on the MailChimp side? It's going to clip the word "Points" from what SweetMonkey is passing to MailChimp?
Gravatar
I would recommend you to test it first on a TEST list because to be honest I dont know.
Gravatar
It doesn't appear to work. Aside from changing the merge var to a number, I assume the module Sweet Monkey module would need to strip the word "Points" from the balance that SweetTooth stores prior to sending it to MailChimp. Additionally, it would need to convert "No Points" to 0

Please consider this a feature request for a future version of Sweet Monkey. Being able to segment a list based on the customer's total point balance would be a KILLER feature.

Thanks
Gravatar
Hi Jonathan,

You are absolutely right, we will add this to our roadmap.

Regards.
Gravatar
Thanks Pablo. Is there an ETA on when the next version is coming out?
Gravatar
Hi Jonathan,

This will be available within 3 weeks on our next release.

Regards.
Gravatar
Should the next release be soon? Thanks.

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails and useful news articles