This topic can no longer be replied to because it has been locked.

Stop Sweet Monkey emails?
Gravatar
Why is Sweet Monkey sending point emails? Isn't the purpose of SweetMonkey to use MailChimp? SweetMonkey mail-bombed our customers with repeat generic email templates with the magento logo and subject line "Your total points are more than 500 at Default Store View". (from this template: app/locale/en_US/template/email/sweetmonkey/points_notice.html)

I completely freaked out at Sweettooth support and made an ass out of myself assuming their code was sending these emails-- because that's what SweetTooth rewards does, why would it be SweetMonkey? SweetMonkey just sends point balances to MailChimp.

Where is this turned off? Where is it configured? Why is SweetMonkey duplicating Sweettooth functionality and sending mails at all?
Gravatar
Hello Jonathan,

I'm sorry you had problems with the module.

We are working alongside Sweet tooth team to resolve this.

BTW, have you tested this on a dev site first?

There is no config currently to disable emails, you can disable this on this PHP file app/code/community/Ebizmarts/SweetMonkey/Model/Cron.php, inside public function automatedEmails() comment $this->checkAllCustomers();

Thanks.
Gravatar
Thanks for your help. I'm going to stay very quiet-- as I've already made a fool of myself once today :(

Was not tested on dev site first. Mistakenly assumed it was still just doing nothing more than sending points to MailChimp. My BIG mistake.

I have disabled your cron with AOE Scheduler.

Gravatar
Thanks for letting me know. We will add an activation feature for this in the backend soon.

Again, we are sorry that you faced this problem.
Gravatar
Hi Jonathan,

We have removed this automated emails thing on version 1.1.8 which is uploaded now.

Sorry for the trouble.

Best,
Pablo
Gravatar
Thanks again Pablo. Both Ebizmarts and Sweettooth have outstanding support.
Gravatar
No problem.

If you do upgrade to release 1.1.8, please do it first on a dev site, just in case.
Gravatar
Will do.
Gravatar
Thanks.
Gravatar
Hi - this function seems to be back - I have just had all my test users receive an email!!

This needs to be removed from the code as it could potentially send all customers emails that the store does not want to be send through a channel that we do not want either.

Why is this code in there and surely it should be disabled by default?

Thanks
John

NEWSLETTER

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails and useful news articles